Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
The browned butter add an extra "richness" to an already wonderful pie.
Top Review by -Patrish
This is the same recipe I use (I found mine in "Cotton Country") and it really makes a wonderfully delicious pecan pie. That browned butter makes all the difference, doesn't it? Everyone should try this recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brown butter in saucepan until golden brown.
- Do not burn.
- Let cool.
- Mix all ingredients in order listed and mix well.
- Add browned butter and blend well.
- Pour in unbaked pie shell and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees and bake an additional 40 minutes.