Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
The browned butter add an extra "richness" to an already wonderful pie.
Make and share this Browned Butter Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brown butter in saucepan until golden brown.
- Do not burn.
- Let cool.
- Mix all ingredients in order listed and mix well.
- Add browned butter and blend well.
- Pour in unbaked pie shell and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees and bake an additional 40 minutes.
This is the same recipe I use (I found mine in "Cotton Country") and it really makes a wonderfully delicious pecan pie. That browned butter makes all the difference, doesn't it? Everyone should try this recipe!
This was a first try for me in making a pecan pie. Because of the 5 star rating and great remarks from others I knew I wanted to try this. It is hands down one of the best pecan pies I have eaten. I got rave remarks from everyone who ate it and even got asked for the recipe. This is the PERFECT Thanksgiving or anytime pie for company. You won't be sorry..you will love it. I do believe browning the butter as the others have said makes all the difference in taste of this delicious pie!!! So glad I found this..it is a keeper for sure. A MUST TRY for anyone looking for one of the best desserts around!!!