Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are baked in a jelly-roll pan, sliced into desired shapes then drizzled with glaze, these cookies are AMAZING!!!!!
Top Review by Marysdottir
Really good shortbread. I skipped the glaze as I wanted something very simple and this was just the thing. The brown butter gives it a butterscotch flavour and the texture is smooth and almost flaky, almost crumbly. Thank you for posting this. Next time I'll try it with the glaze.
- 1 cup butter (no subs)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3 tablespoons butter (no subs)
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Melt 1 cup butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; continue to cook stirring constantly and watching closely until the butter JUST starts to turn golden (about 4-6 minutes, the butter will get foamy and bubble!).
- Remove from heat and refrigerate for 7-8 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the browned butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce the speed to low and add in all-purpose flour and cake flour; beat until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the dough into an ungreased jelly-roll pan.
- Prick all over with fork.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until set but not too brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- While the dough is still hot, slice into squares, rectangles, diamonds or triangles using a sharp knife.
- To make the glaze; in a heavy saucepan brown 3 tablespoons butter (this should take about 2-3 minutes) cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the browned butter with all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the water; beat or whisk add in enough water to create desired glazing consistancy.
- Drizzle over the COOLED shortbread.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.