1/2 Photos of Browned Butter Pan Shortbread With Glaze
These are baked in a jelly-roll pan, sliced into desired shapes then drizzled with glaze, these cookies are AMAZING!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (no subs)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Prepare an ungreased 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3Melt 1 cup butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; continue to cook stirring constantly and watching closely until the butter JUST starts to turn golden (about 4-6 minutes, the butter will get foamy and bubble!).
- 4Remove from heat and refrigerate for 7-8 minutes.
- 5In a large bowl combine the browned butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until well combined.
- 6Reduce the speed to low and add in all-purpose flour and cake flour; beat until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 7Press the dough into an ungreased jelly-roll pan.
- 8Prick all over with fork.
- 9Bake for 18-22 minutes or until set but not too brown.
- 10Cool 5 minutes.
- 11While the dough is still hot, slice into squares, rectangles, diamonds or triangles using a sharp knife.
- 12To make the glaze; in a heavy saucepan brown 3 tablespoons butter (this should take about 2-3 minutes) cool for 5 minutes.
- 13In a small bowl combine the browned butter with all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the water; beat or whisk add in enough water to create desired glazing consistancy.
- 14Drizzle over the COOLED shortbread.
- 15Let stand for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Browned Butter Pan Shortbread With Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (886 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1039.3
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 144.9 mg
- Sodium 401.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 64.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g