Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
This is a cozy frosting--nothing too fancy or frilly, but the taste will really ignite your senses! This frosting takes well to spicy or fruity cakes; I love it on pumpkin and apple cakes.
Top Review by Glitterik
Very, very good! I've been making this recipe (from another source) for years. And I had to trade my pumpkin bread recipe to a local chef to get it! It's really good on pumpkin, banana or sweet potato bread. It's a staple in my kitchen now.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup hot milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan over moderately low heat, melt 1 stick of the butter; continue heating, swirling the pan to prevent burning, until the butter turns nut brown.
- Transfer the butter to a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, gradually blend in the powdered sugar and salt alternately with the milk and vanilla, until the frosting is smooth.
- Beat in the remaining butter, bit by bit.
- Refrigerate until mixture is cool and thick enough to spread.
- Keep frosted cake or cupcakes refridgerated, since the frosting has a tendency to soften and drip off the sides if it gets too warm.