This recipe came from "The Blackberry Farm Cookbook". It was listed as a frosting for spiced cupcakes, but I really only wanted the frosting recipe. Posted here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make an ice bath by placing a small bowl on top of a medium bowl filled with ice.
- 2In a small saucepan, cook 12 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat, swirling the pan occasionally, for about 7 minutes, until the butter turns a nutty brown.
- 3Immediately pour the browned butter into the small bowl sitting in the ice bath.
- 4Cool the butter to room temperature, cover and refrigerate until it solidifies.
- 5Transfer the solidified browned butter to a large bowl.
- 6Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, the confectioners' sugar, cream and lemon juice.
- 7Beat the frosting with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy, then spread over cooled cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Browned Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g