Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir 1/2 cup butter over medium-low heat until golden brown. (do not scorch).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar, boiling water, and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat until frosting is easy to spread.
- If necessary add a little more boiling water, 1 t. at a time until frosting is spreadable.
- Immediately spread.
- If frosting begins to set up, stir in a small amount of boiling water.
This recipe couldn't be easier or more delicious. The browned butter gives it real character and the texture is perfect. I used it on cupcakes, which took awhile, so I had to add more hot water a couple of times to get it back to the right spreading consistency but that did not affect the taste at all.
I made this frosting to go along with Chabear01's Moist Tender Spice Cake. Absolutely delicious! The flavoring complimented the cake perfectly! I will use this frosting again! Thank you Sue!