1/1 Photo of Browned Butter Frosting
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan heat and stir 1/2 cup butter over medium-low heat until golden brown. (do not scorch).
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in powdered sugar, boiling water, and vanilla.
- 4Using a wooden spoon, beat until frosting is easy to spread.
- 5If necessary add a little more boiling water, 1 t. at a time until frosting is spreadable.
- 6Immediately spread.
- 7If frosting begins to set up, stir in a small amount of boiling water.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Browned Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 13.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g