Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found these in a magazine and thought they'd be great to try for a sweet bite the week of Thanksgiving.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup milk
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and ginger in a large bowl.
- Stir in the melted butter, pumpkin, and eggs; mix well.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Spread the batter in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick tests done. Cool completely in pan.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the butter just starts to turn golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Immediately remove from heat; pour into a large bowl and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla to the butter; mix well.
- Stir in enough milk to reach desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled bars and sprinkle with a dusting of ground cinnamon, if desired.
- Cut into bars.