Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe I found a family member's Recipe Cook. It is a favorite of mine.
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10 inch tube pan.
- Coat pan evenly with 2/3 cup walnuts, sprinkle walnuts with 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbling and golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine browned butter, remaining 1/2 c up sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla, blend well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda, add to butter mixture alternately with milk.
- pour into prepared pan, sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup walnuts.
- Bake 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.