Recipe by looneytunesfan
Here's one of those cookies that is enjoyed many ways--frosting first or nibbled all around. One things is certain: Everyone loves them!
- 1 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F In 2-quart heavy saucepan, melt 1 cup butter over medium heat. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until butter is light brown. Cool at least 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix browned butter, 2 cups brown sugar, 1/2 cup milk and the eggs with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 9 to 11 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in center. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Stir in 1 cup brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/4 cup milk. Heat to boiling; remove from heat. Cool to lukewarm, about 30 minutes. Gradually stir in powdered sugar. Spread Caramel Frosting on cookies.