Recipe by Chez Desirée
Easy baked potatoes with a twist. I did them on the bbq but I'm sure they would be just as good done in the oven. I used half yellow potato and half red potato for some color.
- 8 small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- To precook potatoes to prepare for grill:.
- Cut each potato in half and put in microwave safe dish. Put about one tablespoon of water in the bottom and toss the potatoes. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes and toss. If still hard microwave for a further 2 minutes and check for doneness. (I cook them rather well).
- Remove dish from microwave and toss potatoes with olive oil, lemon juice and salt. let cool for a bit so you can handle them. Once cooled spread a little margarine on one potato half and sprinkle with a generous covering of chives. Take another potato half and stick the two halves together and wrap tightly with foil.
- Place on bbq for 10-15 minutes or in oven. I'm not sure how long that would take but probably around the same amount.
- When ready to serve remove from foil and serve with a squirt of lemon or some plain yogurt.