Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A colourful and flavourful salad. This is my staple Boxing day salad. It's great served with cold meat (turkey in particular)!
- 12 ounces mixed wild and brown basmati rice, cooked and cooled*
- 2 ounces sultanas
- 2 teaspoons ground nut oil
- 2 ounces walnuts, toasted
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 inches cucumbers, diced
- 1 small red and yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red skinned apple, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and * pour half of it over the rice while still warm.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Mix chopped vegetables into the now cold rice.
- Drizzle over the rest of the dressing.
- Simple but delicious.