Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
The last of my toastie recipes. A great one for lunches. Think I might have this today!
Make and share this Brown Toast With Sardines, Lemon and Spring (Green) Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon spring onion (green onion)
- 1 (120 g) can sardines, in brine, drained and bones removed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Lightly toast bread and spread with butter.
- Sprinkle with onion and top with sardines. Drizzle lemon juice and season with black pepper.
- Place under medium-low grill/broiler 2-3 minutes. (Watch carefully).
Excellent way to have sardines! Yumm... I'll be having this again. Simple and quick to make too. I had mine on homemade whole wheat raisin bread. Definitely a unique flavour! Raisins and sardines go pretty good together.
Love this! Simple, incredibly tasty.
Love sardines on toast and the spring onion and lemon juice takes to another dimension. Had with a light green salad for lunch. Thank you Ppaperdoll. Made for 123 Hit Wonders 2008.