- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons rum
- nutmeg, freshly grated for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks until thick.
- Gradually beat in 1/4 cup of the brown sugar.
- Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Fold egg yolk/sugar mixture into meringue mixture.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form and carefully stir in rum.
- Fold this into egg/sugar mixture.
- Spoon to serve.