Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
can't eat just one!
- 16 ounces pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Arrange pecan halves in an aluminum foil lined 13x9 pan.set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.add sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Stir one minute, remove from heat, continue stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over pecans, stirring to coat.
- Bake at 375* for 25-35 minutes.
- Stir every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Something isn't right - the cooking time is way too much - I had $10 worth of burned pecans.