Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great on any kind of pancakes. Points...6.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Bring sugars, corn syrup and water to boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in butter and nuts.
- Cool slightly; serve.
- (Can be refrigerated up to 1 month, covered.).
I followed the instructions exactly but mine was too thin. I plan of trying it again soon and cutting back on the water a little and seeing if that helps. Any tips on how to thicken would be helpful.