Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
17oz can of sweet potatoes can be used rather than fresh potatoes, simple drain and mash them.
- 1 lb sweet potato (about 3 medium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (9-in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Peel them and cut into 6 slices.Boil over high heat. Add salt, cover pot and cook the potatoes for 40 minutes.
- Drain and let cool 10 minutes. Mash the sweet potatoes . Add margarine and stir until margarine is melted. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, & brown sugar, stir well.
- Beat the eggs lightly. Finish the pie filling by adding the eggs and milk. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick clears clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.