Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
17oz can of sweet potatoes can be used rather than fresh potatoes, simple drain and mash them.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Peel them and cut into 6 slices.Boil over high heat. Add salt, cover pot and cook the potatoes for 40 minutes.
- Drain and let cool 10 minutes. Mash the sweet potatoes . Add margarine and stir until margarine is melted. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, & brown sugar, stir well.
- Beat the eggs lightly. Finish the pie filling by adding the eggs and milk. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick clears clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.