Recipe by Chef Kaydia Ji
I'm so excited, this is my first post! I made this up from a bunch of diff recipe books that tasted too bland for me. It's also just me to cook for so it's a small portion recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg (med or lrg)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (more or less if you like, I'm a spice feind myself)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flour (heaping, can be wheat since I use wheat bread)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (packed)
- 4 slices bread
- oil, for pan (a Tblsp is more than I needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all ingredients but bread. Depending on egg size you may want to add a touch more flour (sometimes med eggs are really sml).
- Heat oiled skillet to med or med low.
- Dip each side of bread lightly in batter (if they are soggy they won't cook evenly)and place in pan right away two at a time. Cook till dark gold on each side.
- Serve warm with butter and/or syrup, please enjoy!