Fast and easy and buttery delicious. Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. (I skipped this step and found it unnecessary. I just sprayed my pans with nonstick cooking spray.).
- 3In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 4Add brown sugar, apple pie spice, and salt.
- 5Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- 6Gradually beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- 7Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- 8Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- 9Coat the bottom of a cookie stamp with nonstick cooking spray and dip the stamp in granulated sugar.
- 10Flatten each ball of dough, imprinting the pattern.
- 11Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 54.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice