Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
Fast and easy and buttery delicious. Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice or 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- nonstick cooking spray
- granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. (I skipped this step and found it unnecessary. I just sprayed my pans with nonstick cooking spray.).
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, apple pie spice, and salt.
- Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Gradually beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Coat the bottom of a cookie stamp with nonstick cooking spray and dip the stamp in granulated sugar.
- Flatten each ball of dough, imprinting the pattern.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.