Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Brown Sugar Shortbread
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Gradually stir in the flour.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pat into a 1/3" thick rectangle measuring 11" x8".
- Cut into 2" x1" strips.
- Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until bottom begins to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Easy, simple, delicious ... what more do you want for a holiday treat? My house smells wonderful right now, thanks to these cookies. They have a terrific taste, were stress-free to make, and the bar shape is a nice change from round cookies. I'll be making another batch tomorrow.
I substituted half of the butter with applesauce, which gave the shortbread a wonderfully delicate appley flavour. I also baked for an hour for some more 'crunch'. Overall, great recipe! This one's a sure keeper.
These cookies were delicious!!! My kids loved them and so easy, I cut them in different shapes like triangles and such to add fun to them... Thank you for this easy recipe!