Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
Perfect for gift giving! This recipe came from a local grocery.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, unsalted and softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugar together, then add vanilla, beating again.
- Add flour and salt, stirring until dough forms a ball.
- Roll dough out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into 1x3 inch pieces or use shaped cutters.
- Prick with a fork.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I love shortbread and this recipe is a new favorite ~ love the ease of the recipe and the flavor is fantastic. Very nice addition to the holiday cookie trays I make each year ~ thanks PrimQuilter. Made for MY 3 CHEFS, November 2009!