Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until smooth. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-inch tree-shaped cutter; place 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden; cool on baking sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.