Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons white decorator sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until smooth. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-inch tree-shaped cutter; place 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden; cool on baking sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.