- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9" baking pan (square or round).
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in pecans and flour.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and prick top with tines of a fork.
- Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned and puffy.
- Remove from the oven and carefully cut into wedges using a sharp knife BEFORE allowing it to cool.