Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A sweet, easy recipe from the back of a store-brand package of brown sugar.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9" baking pan (square or round).
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in pecans and flour.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and prick top with tines of a fork.
- Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned and puffy.
- Remove from the oven and carefully cut into wedges using a sharp knife BEFORE allowing it to cool.
I must say that I enjoyed this much more than the more common shortbread recipes out there. Very quick and easy to make and absolutely heavenly with a slather of Grapefruit Curd. I lightly sprinkled the cooked shortbread with demerara sugar for that special sparkle. There weren't enough pecans for the recipe and I had to substitute about half hazelnuts. Good! Reviewed for ZWT 6.
Parsley... these are to say the least great cookies...enjoyed by all..everyone gave them 10 stars.. I will be making them often. Thanks for posting...
Very yummy! DH loved them. Aftr 30 minutes in the oven, mine were still moist. It tasted great, but the white sugar shortbread I have made usually ends up more crispy . . . curious.