Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A sweet, easy recipe from the back of a store-brand package of brown sugar.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9" baking pan (square or round).
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in pecans and flour.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and prick top with tines of a fork.
- Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned and puffy.
- Remove from the oven and carefully cut into wedges using a sharp knife BEFORE allowing it to cool.
Delish! My husband loves this recipe. This would make nice Christmas gifts.
I must say that I enjoyed this much more than the more common shortbread recipes out there. Very quick and easy to make and absolutely heavenly with a slather of Grapefruit Curd. I lightly sprinkled the cooked shortbread with demerara sugar for that special sparkle. There weren't enough pecans for the recipe and I had to substitute about half hazelnuts. Good! Reviewed for ZWT 6.
Parsley... these are to say the least great cookies...enjoyed by all..everyone gave them 10 stars.. I will be making them often. Thanks for posting...