Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is just another of the sauce recipes I wanted to keep in recipezaar file for faster finding! You can make this sauce in the microwave or saucepan
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- salt (a speck)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brandy extract or 2 tablespoons brandy
- In a saucepan, combine the sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon, mace and salt.
- Whisk in the water, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until the mixture boils and thickens, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot over steamed puddings. Microwave method, in an 8 cup glass measure, combine the sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon, mace and salt.
- Whisk in the water, then the remaining ingredients.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave 3 minutes on High.whisk, and microwave 3 minutes longer.
I use this alot to put on chocolate cake fresh from the oven even though I don't use the brandy. Thanks for sharing.