Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
Delicious toffee and chocolate cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 35 saltines
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 1-inch deep cookie pan with aluminum foil.
- place a single layer of saltines in bottom of cookie sheet.
- In saucepan, combine sugar and butter.
- bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover the crackers completely.
- bake at 400 degrees; for 6 to 8 minutes.
- remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- return to oven for 1 minute.
- spread melted chocolate evenly.
- top with nuts.
- cool until hard, usually overnight.
- put in freezer for a few minutes.
- break into pieces. I usually get about 70 pieces.