Simple roasted salmon coated in brown sugar and glazed with a maple-mustard-dill sauce. Taken from salmoninseconds.com and posted for ZWT.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine brown sugar, cracked black pepper and kosher salt in bowl. Mix well.
- Rub salmon filets with brown sugar mixture, making sure to use all of mixture.
- Let stand for 15 minutes in refrigerator covered lightly with plastic wrap.
- Combine maple syrup, mustard and fresh dill in small mixing bowl; set aside.
- Coat bottom of baking pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place salmon fillets in pan and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cooked to desired temperature.
- Remove from baking pan and drizzle salmon with maple-mustard-dill sauce.
My husband is still talking about this salmon - the morning after our dinner. It's safe to say that I'm tucking this recipe into my best-of-the-best file. It's absolutely delicious! I skipped the dill, but otherwise kept the recipe the same (using the Dijon option). The flavors are absolutely wonderful. I served the salmon and sauce over brown rice. Yum. Made during Family Picks for the Soup-A-Stars ZWT9
So good! I made this as directed but had to cook mine a little longer that stated. Very simple and flavorful. Thanks for sharing, Alli. Made for ZWT9.
I made this exactly as posted, using one 1.5-lb. piece of salmon fillet instead of individual ones. I was surprised how the brown sugar rub actually liquefied in the refrigerator and permeated the fish, which intensified the flavor. I will definitely make this again. Made by a Tasty Tester for ZWT9.