Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or several months in the freezer. (The prep and cooking time does not include the chilling of the dough).
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and orange rind.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; sift into first mixture and mix well.
- Chill dough for atleast 2 hours or overnight, then shape into roll about 2-1/2" in diameter.
- Wrap in waxed paper or foil.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- To bake, unwrap and cut in 1/8" slices; lay on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.
I love the orange zest in these cookies. Easy to make and great to have on hand. Mine spread out to be pretty big cookies during baking so give them enough space :)