Recipe by byZula
These can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or several months in the freezer. (The prep and cooking time does not include the chilling of the dough).
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and orange rind.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; sift into first mixture and mix well.
- Chill dough for atleast 2 hours or overnight, then shape into roll about 2-1/2" in diameter.
- Wrap in waxed paper or foil.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- To bake, unwrap and cut in 1/8" slices; lay on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.