Recipe by Ann Arber
This is different tasting pound cake, rich and good. I got it from a Domino Sugar ad in a Womans magazine and had to try it. Delicious!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons rum or 1 tablespoon rum flavoring
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons canned evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon rum flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 Grease and flour a 10" tube pan Cream butter and sugars until very light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine dry Add alternately with milk&vanilla starting adn ending with dry.
- Beat well with each addition Fill prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely, remove from pan.
- Serve with sauce or glaze Rum sauce: Combine everything in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and continue to boil for 1 minute to wash crystals down side of pan.
- Uncover and continue to boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- Serve over slices of cake.
- Rum Glaze Put all in a small heavy pan.
- Let it cook, stirring occasionally til mixed well.
- I let it cook a couple more minutes until it was thickened.
- Pour over top of cake.