1/3 Photos of Brown Sugar Pound Cake -- 9x5x3-Inch Loaf Size
1 hr 10 mins
From the back of a Domino 1-lb light brown sugar box -- makes a 9x5x3-inch loaf size -- serves 8. Serve with optional whipped cream and assorted berries. Although not called for in the recipe, I'll add 1 cup toasted chopped pecans when I make it! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F (325F glass or dark loaf pan).
- 2Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 3In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 5Add vanilla.
- 6In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 7Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture.
- 8If desired, add TOASTED chopped pecans.
- 9Pour batter into pan.
- 10(CHECK CAKE AT 55 MINUTES FOR DONE-NESS) ~ Bake approximately one hour or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- 11Remove from pan and cool completely a wire rack. Serves 8.
- 12If desired, garnish with whipped cream and assorted berries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar Pound Cake -- 9x5x3-Inch Loaf Size
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.8
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.0 mg
- Sodium 341.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g