From the back of a Domino 1-lb light brown sugar box -- makes a 9x5x3-inch loaf size -- serves 8. Serve with optional whipped cream and assorted berries. Although not called for in the recipe, I'll add 1 cup toasted chopped pecans when I make it! :)
- Preheat oven to 350F (325F glass or dark loaf pan).
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture.
- If desired, add TOASTED chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into pan.
- (CHECK CAKE AT 55 MINUTES FOR DONE-NESS) ~ Bake approximately one hour or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely a wire rack. Serves 8.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream and assorted berries.