Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The flavor reminds me of upside down cake, but it's much less messy to transport to a potluck or picnic.
- 1 (1 lb) box brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jarstemless maraschino cherries, well drained
- Heat oven to 325º.
- Cream butter until soft.
- Add sugars and vanilla and cream again.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Add alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple and cherries.
- Turn into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake 1-1/2 hours, or until skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
This is my all time favorite pound cake. Everyone I have made it for loves it !