Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The flavor reminds me of upside down cake, but it's much less messy to transport to a potluck or picnic.
- Heat oven to 325º.
- Cream butter until soft.
- Add sugars and vanilla and cream again.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Add alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple and cherries.
- Turn into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake 1-1/2 hours, or until skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
This is my all time favorite pound cake. Everyone I have made it for loves it !