Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
So rich, it is sinful! =) Rich and buttery with the brown sugar flavor. Make it. Eat it....and wait for your eyes to glaze over with each bite.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 lb light brown sugar, plus
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F Grease and flour a 10 inch tube or Bundt pan In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric beater on high speed cream brown sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- On low speed add flour mixture and milk until well blended.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove pan to cooling rack and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Combine confectioners sugar and milk.
- Drizzle over cooled cake Sprinkle w/ pecans.
This had a really good flavor but was not as moist as I had expected. I may have made a mistake in the preparation so I'll make again and see how it turns out. Thanks for sharing!
Cake was easy to make, turned out beautifully, but was a bit less moist than my usual pound cakes. I made it as a treat for the guys downstairs in the bank and they all loved it. The taste is a nice change from the traditional pound cake.