Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that I got from the back of a brown sugar box.
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add sugar to mixture.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with berries and whipped cream.