Recipe by angelfan
Very rich special occasion cake. extra tasty eaten while still warm.
Top Review by Caryn
Wonderfully different pound cake! The addition of brown sugar makes for a nice change of flavor as well as color to the traditional pound cake. I did not add the walnuts to the batter because 1/2 of my family doesn't care for nuts but I imagine they would be a flavorful addition. I had to bake my cake an additional 10 minutes so I'd recommend checking your cake at the 1 hour mark first. Followed you advice, and topped off my pound cake with a simple brown sugar glaze which was a nice addition. I'm adding this recipe to my favorite pound cake recipe collection - thanks for the recipe!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- beat together butter and shortening.
- gradually add sugars, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add alternatley with the milk and vanilla.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter inot greased and floured 10" bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until cake test done.
- You may use a glaze on top if you prefer or a dusting of powdered sugar.