Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I found this in the paper and am posting it here for safe-keeping. It is a little different than others already posted as it uses maple flavoring. Yum!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the maple extract.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the evaporated milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 to 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Top with Brown Sugar Frosting.
I was out of white sugar and needed something to bake for our church coffee hour. I chose your recipe since it called for less butter than the others and addition of maple extract. I realize now that I accident. baked the cake at 350 but I liked the texture with the crunchy crust anyway! I added a quick glaze with brown sugar, evaporated milk (boiled for 1 min. and cooled) and added 1/2 cup pwd. sugar. I decorated top with some pecan halves. This was a WONDERFUL tasting and good textured cake that reminded me of my favorite maple scone. Thanks Denise, for posting. Roxygirl