Recipe by Hadice
I got this from the wrapper of a Martha Stewart Loaf Pan. Enjoy!
Top Review by RSL
We didn't like this at all. It turned out nothing like looneytunesfan's picture. After 45 minutes, the edges were burned and the inside wasn't done. The parts that were salvagable weren't very good - they had an odd taste to them. Won't make this again.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease and flour a 1 1/2 quart loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Drizzle in beaten eggs, a little at a time, mixing to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix on low speed, until just mixed.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until cake is browned and a toothpick comes out clean-about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let pan cool completely for 1 hour.
- Run a knife around the inside of the pan and turn out the cake.
- Let cool and serve.