Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cored pineapple is used to serve this dessert so be sure and pick a pretty one with bright green leaves.
- 1 (3 lb) pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Using large sharp knife, quarter pineapple lengthwise through leafy top.
- Core each wedge.
- Cut pineapple flesh from peel of each wedge, keeping flesh in 1 piece.
- Set aside.
- Transfer pineapple shells to baking sheet.
- Cover leaves with foil to protect from heat.
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sugar, water and cinnamon.
- Bring to boil, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rum to sauce; ignite with match.
- Add pineapple wedges to skillet.
- Cook until heated through, turning to coat, about 4 minutes.
- Return pineapple to shells.
- Boil sauce until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Cut each pineapple wedge crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices, keeping shells intact.
- Spoon sauce over pineapple.
- Broil until sauce bubbles and browns slightly, about 3 minutes.