Recipe by Chef Ain't B's
Sugar Milk Pies were called miliche flitche, or "poor man's pie," because of there simplicity of their ingredients. Mix this one up in the pie pan!
- 1 unbaked 8-inch pie shell
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the pie shell, place sugar, flour and salt.
- Mix with your fingers.
- Pour the evaporated milk over the flour and sugar BUT NO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until filling just bubbles up in middle.
- The filling will never completely set, but that's the way it's supposed to be. Pie better eaten at room temperature.
- NOTE: Recipe can be doubled and prepared in a 10" inch pie shell. For that size, bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- (Yield: 12 serving).