Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
When you want a really sweet pie - this is the one to make. It's delicious.
- 1 sour cream pie crust, rolled out to fit 9 inch pie dish (in my recipes)
- 2 cups firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick pie shell with fork.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Decrease oven temperature to 330 degrees F.
- Combine brown sugar and cornstarch in large bowl and mix, pressing out any lumps.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in cream, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Blend in melted butter.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake until puffed and brown, 50-60 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.