1/1 Photo of Brown Sugar Pecan Shortbread
Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light, June 2007 (Dough needs to chill for one hour)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt), stirring well with a whisk.
- 2Place butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 1 minute).
- 3Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed. (Mixture will appear crumbly.)
- 4Sprinkle ice water over flour mixture; beat at low speed just until combined.
- 5Shape the dough into 2 (6-inch-long) logs; wrap each log in plastic wrap.
- 6Chill 1 hour or until very firm.
- 7Preheat oven to 350°.
- 8Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 9Unwrap dough; cut each log into 16 slices using a serrated knife.
- 10Place dough circles 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- 11Sprinkle tops evenly with turbinado sugar, gently pressing into dough.
- 12Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 13Remove from baking sheets; cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar Pecan Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 35.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: