Recipe by Juenessa
Eat these pears as a delicious treat by themselves, serve over ice cream or cake, even on waffles. Use your imagination! :-)
Top Review by helowy
So easy and so delicious! I used Bartlett pears and followed the directions exactly. Ate them plain but i can definitely see how they would be great over ice cream. Thanks Juenessa!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large firm but ripe pears, peeled, halved, cored, each half cut lengthwise into 6 slices (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 -4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla; stir 1 minute.
- Add pear slices and lemon juice; cook until pears begin to release juice and syrup forms in skillet, turning pear slices frequently, about 3 minutes.
- (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm before using.).