Recipe by Steve_G
A simple, tasty dessert that takes advantage of the pear harvest. The brown sugar-cinnamon taste and crisp crust make this a recipe to remember
Top Review by sophiechan
Very tasty and simple. Not sure if I arranged the pears correctly but it did look nice. My pears weren't as ripe as they could've been so I drizzled a little melted butter on top to give it a little more moisture.
- 1 11 inch partially baked sweet tart crust
- 1 egg white
- 4 fresh pears, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line tart shell with parchment and bake with weights or beans for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with egg white while stil very hot.
- Lower oven temp to 375 degrees.
- Cut each pear lengthwise in half and remove core.
- Place each pear half, cut side down, on cutting surface.
- Cut crosswise into thin slices.
- Lift each pear half with spatula and arrange on crust, separating and overlapping slices (retain pear shape) to cover surface of crust.
- Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over pears.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and pears are tender.
- Cool on a rack and serve warm.