Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These peaches taste fabulous! It is so simple to prepare and yet is always a big hit with everyone. Serve over ice cream or your cake of choice.
- 3 lbs fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced lengthwise, slices cut crosswise in half
- 1⁄2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Gently toss sliced peaches, golden brown sugar, and fresh lemon juice in large bowl to blend.
- Let stand at room temperature until juices form, tossing occasionally, about 2 hours.
I only had 3 peaches (about 1 lb.) so I had to reduce the other ingredients by 1/3. I refrigerated them after the juices formed and my kids ate them straight out of the bowl the next day. They loved them!