Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make sure you use fresh peaches in this recipe, canned just doesn't do it justice.
Make and share this Brown Sugar-Peach Pie With Coconut Streusel recipe from Food.com.
- 7 1⁄2 ounces packages refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar, , divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups sliced, peeled, ripe peaches (, , , about 3-1/2 pounds or 12 peaches)
- 1⁄3 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Fold edges under; flute.
- Line dough with a piece of foil, and arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Remove pie weights and foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Cool crust on a wire rack.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle over peaches.
- Toss gently.
- Spoon into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar, oats, coconut, and butter; sprinkle over peach mixture.
- Shield edges of crust with foil.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Note: There are two good ways to peel peaches: with a potato peeler if they're not too ripe or, if they are, by plunging them in boiling water for about 30 seconds, making the skin a cinch to peel off with a paring knife.