Recipe by Mirj
Every August the peach tree in our garden is bursting with huge, juicy peaches. I make this at least once a week every summer once that tree gives up its fruit, for family desserts and as gifts for friends.
- 4 large peaches, pureed or chopped fine
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- To peaches, add 1/2 cup of the sugar and the lemon juice.
- Set aside, covered in refrigerator.
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, eggs, and remaining sugar.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and vanilla.
- Stir peaches in cream mixture and freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.