Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
found this on the net and its easy and oh so yummy....
Make and share this Brown Sugar Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (pref dark.)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk, any kind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt together brown sugar and butter.
- Stir well, then set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking power and salt.
- Pour in eggs, milk and vanilla extract, along with brown sugar mixture and stir until well combined.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat, until a drop of water skitters around when dropped on the surface.
- Lightly grease with butter or oil, and drop pancake batter by 1/4-cup measures on the pan.
- Cook until pancake is slightly dry around the edges and small bubbles form in the batter (bottom will be browned).
- Flip and cook for another minute or so on other side, until bottom is browned.
- Serve with Brown Sugar Maple Syrup (below).
Well, these pancakes weren't bad. I had a lot of brown sugar left from holiday baking and was looking for ways to use it. They were a bit sweet for me. I like maple syrup on pancakes and these really had no room for any more sweetening. On the other hand, they would be an easy breakfast to take "on the run" if you're reheating frozen 'cakes.
I had a problem with over-browning. I expect that's due to the high sugar content. Keep the flame on the low side and that should help. And don't skimp when greasing the pan. They have a tendency to stick. (Again - I blame the sugar.)
I probably won't make them again, but if you like a sweet pancake, this recipe fills the bill.
Wow! These are amazing!! I made them exactly as the recipe said to, and they turned out perfectly. The batter was a tad bit thin, but it's not hard to work with. I really thought they were gonna be to sweet, but they weren't. I froze leftovers and popped 'em in the toaster when I wanted one. I'll make this again for sure!! Thanks!