Recipe by Michelle Berteig
I haven't tried this recipe yet but hope to soon!
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
My highest is three stars for this, I doubled the sugar and they were just barely sweet enough. We can handle less sweet stuff as well, so these were probably pretty savory at the amount of sugar listed. Would add cinnamon as well, for a little spice.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix oats, flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs and brown sugar in another bowl. When smooth, whisk in milk, melted butter and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients and fold in just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scoop into mufifn cups. Bake 15 to 25 minutes or until springy to the touch in the center.