Prep 55 mins
Cook 14 mins
Comforting and good with a tall glass of ice cold milk.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- In a big mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, shortening, and margarine; beat until fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs; mix until well blended.
- Add in the flours, and baking powder; stir to mix.
- Add in the oats; stir well to mix.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2-inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack.
These are pretty bland compared to similar cookies I have had that also contained cinnamon and chocolate chips. They are also quite puffy, even with all butter instead of shortening, so don't make these if you want a flat, chewy oatmeal cookie.