Recipe by hellokitty
These are great light cookies, added fiber with the whole wheat flour and easy on the waistline. Each cookie has only 52 calories and 2 g total fat, 0 g sat fat.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat margarine (or butter) with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the 1/3 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in as much of the all purpose flour and whole wheat flour as you can. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and the 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with the tines of a fork in a crisscross pattern. Sprinkle cookies with the sugar cinnamon mixture. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cookies are firm.
- Cool on a wire rack.